The objective for this course is for students to develop knowledge and skills in international business development through experiential learning. Students will act as a consulting team for three to four early stage U.S agricultural technology businesses, assessing the market potential for their products in Brazil and creating a roadmap for developing their businesses there. They will interact heavily with the agricultural technology businesses, government and trade organizations, and Brazilian agricultural businesses and farms. The students will apply their knowledge to the final deliverable, a business development analysis for each agricultural technology business for Brazil.
By the end of the program, students will:
- Work with agricultural technology startups to gather secondary research and background information pertinent to developing a business in Brazil
- Identify the sectors and geographies of Brazilian agriculture most relevant to developing a business
- Create a business development analysis for each agricultural technology startup with a roadmap for creating of a viable sales pipeline
Participant Selection Criteria:
- Open to all majors offered in College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Preference will be given to students classified as juniors or seniors
Applications for this program are due Thursday, November 1, 2018. To learn more information about the course and to apply, please visit https://www.agstudyabroad.iastate.edu/programs/business-development-stud...